Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Here you know the Best eCommerce Platform for Startups, SEO, Small businesses, how to choose the best eCommerce Platform, different types of eCommerce Platforms.
What is an eCommerce Platform
eCommerce is short for electronic commerce, which means that it involves trading products or services through the use of computers and other technological tools.
With eCommerce platforms, you can create an online store and sell your products to customers all over the world without having to look for investors or partners.
The term eCommerce platforms may have a different meaning to different people. To some, it may be a website that a consumer can use to order a product or service.
For others, it may refer to the software solution they paid thousands of dollars for, without which they cannot run their online store.
In simple terms, you can think of an eCommerce platform as a solution that permits you to sell your products online.
Many eCommerce businesses have started using these platforms in order to get their store up and running without having to hire an expert team of developers.
Here are the Top 10 Best eCommerce List:-
|Bigcommerce||$29.95/M||Unlimited||Unlimited||NO||Active Your 14 Days Free Trial|
|Shopify||$29/M||2||Unlimited||NO||Active Your 14 Days Free Trial|
|Volusion||$29/M||1||100||NO||Active Your 14 Days Free Trial|
|Magento||Open Source||Unlimited||Unlimited||1 Year||Active Your 60% Off|
|Woocommerce||Open Source||Unlimited||Unlimited||1 Year||Active Your 60% Off|
|Wix||$10/M||Unlimited||Unlimited||1 Year||Active Your 14 Days Free Trial|
|Squarespace||$26/M||Unlimited||Unlimited||1 Year||Active Your 14 Days Free Trial|
|PrestaShop||Open Source||Unlimted||Unlimited||1 Year||Active Your 60% Off|
|Zyro||$9.90/M||Unlimited||Unlimited||1 Year||Active Your 60% Off|
|Square Online||Free||Unlimited||Unlimited||NO||Start Free Store|
Note:- Magento, Woocommerce, and PrestaShop is Open source, so free to download and use but to start an online store you need a domain and hosting to store your file. Bluehost is the best hosting for this and you got Free Domain, Free SSL certificate, and many more. Otherwise, You can check the best hosting for eCommerce.
Types of eCommerce Platforms and Solutions
There are basically two types of eCommerce solutions/platforms available in the market today. The difference between these two is not very large, but it’s sufficient to steer your decision-making in a certain direction.
It would be beneficial to know the difference between them before investing in one.
1. Self-hosted eCommerce platform
The self-hosted eCommerce platforms are actually installed and operated on your own servers, which means you’ll need a team of developers to operate it for you and also means that if things go wrong, you’ll have to bear the costs of hiring a team of developers to fix the issues.
2. Hosted eCommerce Platform
The hosted eCommerce platforms are actually operated on the web servers provided by the provider which you pay for. So, even if things go wrong, you don’t have to worry about hiring someone or waiting till the issue is resolved as it’s the responsibility of the eCommerce platform provider to fix the issue or work around it.
There are many benefits to using a hosted eCommerce platform like having access to professional security and SEO experts, as well as different payment options such as PayPal and Google Wallet, etc.
Some of these platforms even offer free SSL certificates for customers who make purchases on your website.
While hosted eCommerce platforms are more expensive, they also offer a high level of flexibility and reliability that can be very important to your business.
Different Types of eCommerce Platforms
Here are different types of eCommerce Platforms:-
B2B Ecommerce Platform
With the usage of the internet rapidly increasing day by day, business to business (B2B) trade is also becoming more and more popular and thanks to online eCommerce, B2B eCommerce is also increasing rapidly.
A Business-to-business eCommerce platform is the one that helps in selling products/services directly between two or more businesses. As these relations are commercial, there should be some legal agreement involved for security reasons and the payment methods should be reliable as well.
B2C Ecommerce Platform
As the name indicates, business-to-consumer (B2C) eCommerce is a type of eCommerce which involves selling products/services between businesses and individual consumers. B2C gives you an option where you can sell your products directly to customers without involving wholesalers or retailers. It helps you build a customer base more easily by providing support for effective marketing. You can easily monitor sales, traffic, keywords, advertisement etc.
SaaS eCommerce Platform
With the passage of time, technology has been constantly evolving and nowadays it is even used for buying and selling products. Software as a service (SaaS) eCommerce platform is one that allows companies to offer their own eCommerce portal to their customers where they can sell their product/service online. It enables a business owner to expand his customer base as well as revenue base at a faster rate.
Native Mobile eCommerce Platform
This type of platform is the one that helps in integrating the shopping cart with your mobile phones and other devices like tablets, iPad, etc. It makes buying and selling products much easier as the process becomes quick and much more effective. With a native marketplace for both iOS and Android, it is the ultimate solution for your business.
Now let us have a look at the best eCommerce platforms
Best eCommerce Platform
Perhaps you are looking for an online store platform that can help you quickly get your business up and running. You want to pay little money, but you also want to enjoy perks like installation, design tools, and so on.
We understand this completely because we’ve tested various solutions designed for small businesses. This is our review of the best eCommerce platforms for small businesses.
Here are the Best eCommerce Platform:-
BigCommerce is a very popular eCommerce platform amongst entrepreneurs. It was founded in 2009 and since then BigCommerce has been fulfilling its purpose as a leader of eCommerce platforms.
In just a few years, Bigcommerce has developed itself to be among one of the best shopping carts on the market today.
Bigcommerce is not just limited to eCommerce platform but it is also a fully functional store. It provides all the necessary features which are required for your online business to prosper.
Bigcommerce offers paid, affordable plans with generous feature sets for any size of business. Bigcommerce has its own in-house payment system along with many other features to suit customer needs at the next level.
What makes Bigcommerce different from other eCommerce platforms is its ability to create a complete online store as well as an online shop.
It has everything you need for your business to be successful and profitable. You can choose from various templates, apps, and extensions to make your website unique.
Bigcommerce integrates with many marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon, Walmart, Google Shopping, etc.
It also has its own Bigcommerce Marketplace where you can purchase apps and extensions for your site which are available at subsidized prices.
Bigcommerce is currently being used by over 100,000 online stores so there are always new modules being developed every day to help the owners of the platform prosper.
This platform is simple, effective, and easy to use. It offers customer support so that one can easily access the feature needed for their online business which makes Bigcommerce an excellent choice.
- This platform offers both free and paid plans that allow you to quickly create an online store.
- BigCommerce provides a huge selection of themes that come with different customization options.
- It has a responsive support team that will assist you when problems arise
- It provides detailed reports so you can analyze sales in a timely manner.
- The add-ons are quite expensive, so advanced users might not find this platform to be the best choice.
Shopify is currently one of the most popular e-commerce platforms out there today. If you are looking for a way to sell your products online, Shopify is the perfect(and most affordable) solution.
It provides everything you need to build and run an incredible e-commerce website. You can create amazing web pages without any coding knowledge with easy-to-use templates and themes.
Shopify offers many different options for payment gateways so that it’ll be easy to integrate with your site. You can also integrate Shopify with other business applications, marketplaces, and social media sites.
Shopify has an app store where you can download various apps/extensions for your website which are available at discounted price points.
With all the above-listed features, it’s no surprise that Shopify is one of the most affordable eCommerce platforms out there today.
This platform provides an excellent way for small businesses to launch their own online stores without having to spend hundreds or thousands on web designers or developers.
- One of the best perks of using this service is that you get a 14-day free trial without any financial obligations. This makes it easy to test drive the platform before you decide to sign up for a paid plan.
- There are some great features included in all plans, including a huge selection of themes, unlimited products and so on.
- It also offers several add-ons for you to expand your online store with ease.
- Shopify isn’t the best choice for advanced users because it doesn’t provide a lot of customization options or extensive reporting tools.
- You can’t integrate this platform with various social media networks
- Shopify also lacks mobile-friendly themes
Volusion is another popular eCommerce platform that gives you total control over your website, products, and marketing strategies. This platform is simple and easy to use.
It gives you a user-friendly control panel that includes an editing tool, inventory management application as well as a marketing tool for promotion purposes.
Volusion offers many different online payment options so that it’ll be easy for your customers to buy products from your site. You can also integrate Volusion with social media and other business applications.
Volusion has its own app store where you can download various apps/extensions for your website which are available at discounted price points.
You can also integrate Volusion with many different marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon, Google Shopping, and even your own Shopify site. This eCommerce platform will automatically add products from your website to any marketplaces you’ve chosen.
Volusion provides an eCommerce platform that is second to none. It’s easy to use and very affordable, especially if you are just starting out with online sales.
- This service is ideal for new users because it provides a simple interface and an intuitive design so you can create your online store quickly and without any problems.
- It comes with a lot of customization options that let you personalize your online store with ease.
- Volusion offers several free and paid themes for you to choose from
- It allows you to integrate various social media networks for improved user interaction.
- The support team isn’t as responsive as we’d like
- The platform is quite expensive for small retailers
If you are looking for a fully customizable eCommerce platform, then Magento is one of the best you can find. This platform is open source which means that there are no limits to how your website or online store should look.
It’s more flexible than any other eCommerce platform so it’s ideal for experienced designers who have a creative eye for web design.
Magento also offers greater control over search engine optimization, product management, and email marketing. If you want to increase sales on your website, Magento will help you achieve it.
Some of the features which make Magento one of the best eCommerce platforms out there today include:
- Fully customizable
- Open source
- Powerful shopping cart software
- A mobile friendly interface and design for tablets and smartphones
- Plug-in architecture which will help you expand your website capabilities.
- Magento is a great ecommerce platform that provides advanced features and complete customization options for all users
- It’s one of the best tools for scaling your business because it lets you increase SEO visibility, improve SEO ranking and so on
- The service comes with detailed reporting tools to track your sales in real time
- It’s one of the most complicated support teams we’ve ever encountered
- The platform can be quite expensive for small retailers with a limited budget.
- Magento is also quite resource-intensive, which means it might not work well on older devices or hosting plans that aren’t equipped to handle this service.
Woocommerce is another excellent choice for those who are looking to create their own online store. This platform provides an ideal solution for both small and medium-sized businesses wanting to sell products or services online.
Woocommerce has an amazing extension community that ensures that you’ll find the perfect plugin for your business needs.
With WooCommerce, you can create your website with no special web design or coding knowledge. You can also sell products on any marketplace like eBay and Amazon using this platform.
This eCommerce plugin is fully customizable and it’s extremely easy to use. If you’re new to online business, then Woocommerce is for you!
- With the help of this platform, you can create an online store with ease
- It comes with a variety of customization options
- It provides detailed reports so you can track your sales in real time
- The support team is available 24/7 and they will assist you whenever issues arise.
- Woocommerce doesn’t offer a lot of themes
- It doesn’t provide a full-featured ecommerce solution
- It isn’t very scalable for larger retailers.
6. Wix eCommerce
Wix is another excellent eCommerce platform that you can use to create your own online store. This software gives you full control over everything from website design, products, and marketing services.
You don’t need any special web design or coding knowledge in order to set up an online store using Wix. All you need to do is select a template that you like and then customize it according to your business needs.
Wix templates are very affordable so you can create an online store without spending too much money.
Wix offers full integration with other eCommerce platforms such as eBay, Amazon, Google Shopping, and many more which means that you can easily sell products from your website on any marketplace.
This eCommerce platform doesn’t have a wide range of features but it’s ideal for those who want to start selling products online without making too many commitments.
- Wix eCommerce is a great choice for beginners because it provides easy-to-use features and an intuitive design
- It also offers both paid and free plans so you can choose the one that suits your needs without making any financial commitments
- This platform has a variety of themes to choose from, which means you get to personalize your online store.
- Wix eCommerce isn’t as customizable as other platforms on this list
- it sometimes feels quite restrictive
- The platform also lacks a lot of customization options and reporting tools, which means you have to pay extra for them.
7. Squarespace eCommerce
Squarespace is another excellent eCommerce platform that you can use to create your own website. This platform offers a wide range of different options and tools which you can use to create an online store.
Since this eCommerce platform offers such extensive features, it’s ideal for those who have no special web design or coding knowledge. You can quickly put together a professional-looking eCommerce store using Squarespace.
This platform is designed to help you sell products online faster by increasing your revenue potential. You can even use Squarespace to create membership websites that will allow you to generate recurring income from your visitors.
Some of the amazing features which make Squarespace perfect for creating an online store include:
- Ecommerce templates
- Advanced product customization
- Full ecommerce integration
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage capacity
- Benchmark hosting package.
- Squarespace is an intuitive platform that provides easy-to-use features and a simple design.
- It lets you create beautiful online stores without any effort and
- It supports multiple currencies, languages and payment options.
- It offers detailed reports so you can track your sales in real time.
- Squarespace is quite buggy
- its customer support service is nonexistent for free users
- It’s also quite expensive
- the platform isn’t very customizable, which means you won’t be able to personalize it with ease
PrestaShop is one of the best open-source eCommerce platforms so it’s ideal for those who want to create an online store and manage it themselves.
This software offers a wide range of features and tools, so you can turn your website into a fully functional eCommerce store with no special web design knowledge.
Prestashop has more than 40,000 different add-ons and extensions which you can use to extend the capabilities of your online store.
If you feel overwhelmed by all these features, then don’t worry because this software is extremely easy to set up. You can easily turn your website into an eCommerce platform with just a few simple clicks.
Prestashop is a very scalable platform that you can use for your online store. This eCommerce plugin has been tested to meet the needs of even the most demanding users, so it will work without slowing down no matter how many products you add to your website.
Prestashop is a great choice for anyone who wants to create an online store without spending a lot of time and money.
Here are some of the features which you’ll find in Prestashop:
- Different payment methods
- Open source platform
- Full ecommerce integration
- Advanced shipping options
- SEO optimization
- Its free version offers extensive features and its paid plans are quite affordable.
- It’s easily scalable, which means that you’ll be able to increase your sales with ease without having to pay for upgrades or extra bandwidth.
- The support team takes a long time to respond.
- The platform is quite buggy.
- It isn’t as customizable as other options on this list and it’s a bit complicated for beginners.
Zyro is one of the newest eCommerce platforms so it’s ideal for those who want to try something different when looking for an online store solution.
Zyro is a very scalable platform so you will be able to grow your online store as much as you want without slowing down or paying extra money for the features which you use.
Another great benefit of this eCommerce plugin is that it can be used with any type of website, regardless of its design or purpose. You can even add this platform to a WordPress site without any special coding knowledge.
Zyro is an excellent eCommerce platform that you should definitely consider if you want a website that will grow with your business.
Here are some of the key features in Zyro:
- SEO optimization
- One-page checkout
- Unlimited products
- Email marketing integration
- It’s a bit expensive but it provides advanced features and detailed reports so you can track your sales in real time.
- The service comes with responsive customer support staff who will help you whenever issues arise.
- It has extensive customization options that let you personalize your store with ease.
- Zyro is quite buggy and it isn’t very intuitive.
- Its customer support service needs some work and the platform isn’t ideal for beginners because of its complicated design.
10. Square Online
Square Online is one of the most flexible eCommerce platforms so it’s ideal for those who want to create an online store with a unique design.
You can easily customize every aspect of your website using this platform, so you can get a unique look that really represents your business.
Another benefit that makes Square very different from other eCommerce platforms is that it doesn’t force you to use any specific payment system. You can accept any type of online transaction, regardless of its origin or destination.
Square is a very scalable platform so it will grow with your business for many years without slowing down or requiring expensive upgrades. This solution has been developed to meet the needs of even the most demanding users, so it will continue to work as your website traffic grows.
Square Online is a great solution for those who want a unique and fully functional eCommerce platform that can expand with their business and grow as fast as they do.
Here’s what you’ll find in Square:
One-page checkout, Unlimited bandwidth, and storage, Customizable product pages, No transaction fees, Advanced SEO features.
- Square Online Store is a reliable eCommerce solution that works great for small retailers.
- It’s easy to use and it offers responsive customer support, detailed reports and extensive customization options so you can personalize your store with ease.
- The platform lets you sell physical products as well as digital ones and its pricing plans are affordable for anyone who wants to establish an online store.
- Square Online Store isn’t scalable, which means that you’ll have to pay for additional bandwidth if you want to grow your eCommerce business.
- It also lacks advanced features, which means you won’t be able to personalize it with ease or manage large inventories.
How to Choose Best eCommerce Platform
Not all plugins and themes are the same, so don’t assume that they will provide you with exactly the same features and performance.
Before deciding which eCommerce plugin to use, compare the individual components and services which they offer. This is important because online shops can get very complex for larger businesses, especially when it comes to payment methods and shipping options.
When it comes to selecting an eCommerce platform, you can’t go wrong if you use any one of the options presented here today.
All these plugins are highly functional and they provide access to enough features for almost any business website. They all have various price plans so whether you need the basic solution or the top-of-the-line package, you are sure to find it here.
10 Ways you choose the best eCommerce Platform:-
1. Pricing Plan
Price is a very important factor when starting an Online Store. Is the Platform gives Free Trails, Is Price is justified as per features. eCommerce Platforms like Shopify and BigCommerce offer a 14-day free trial. This makes it easy to test drive the service without any financial obligations.
2. User Interface
Every business wants an online store that looks amazing and provides users with a great shopping experience. If you love the look and feel of a WordPress theme or eCommerce plugin, then go with it.
3. Ease of Use
The best online store builder allows you to manage your website effectively and efficiently. This includes adding products, modifying them, displaying promotions and coupons, etc. Your website should be easy to navigate so that visitors always know how to find what they are looking for.
4. Shopping Cart
A good eCommerce platform allows you to add products and manage your inventory easily. It should allow for multiple payment options, including PayPal; it should also provide automated shipping rates that are displayed on the cart page.
5. Product Catalogs
You need a way to create different product catalogs which will allow you to sell different types of products. For example, if your website sells clothes and shoes then you’ll need a separate catalog for each of these categories.
The best eCommerce platform includes reports which allow you to analyze sales data and identify trends in a timely manner. This is completely necessary because it helps you determine how popular your products are, where to find new customers, and so on.
7. Shipping Options
You should have multiple shipping options that can be used by all visitors who buy your products. This includes free shipping for any order that exceeds a certain minimum amount. If you don’t provide this option then many shoppers will simply leave your website without buying anything at all.
8. Customer Support
A good eCommerce platform provides you with fast and efficient customer support. You can’t afford to wait several days for help when your website goes down, so look for a service that offers round-the-clock assistance via phone, email, and chat.
9. Additional Services
Some of the best eCommerce platforms offer various additional services for an extra price. These can include marketing tools, SEO packages, premium themes, and plugins, etc. If you need these services then it’s a good idea to look for a solution that provides them as part of the standard package or as optional extras.
10. Security & Reliability
Your online store should be secure at all times. A good eCommerce platform provides the necessary security measures to keep hackers out and protect your personal data at all times. You can’t afford to lose customers because of poor website performance, so check how quickly it responds on different devices.
This way you will make sure that the eCommerce plugin or theme has all the features you want and need. Don’t become distracted by shiny bells and whistles, focus on the functionality of each solution first.
Also, consider how easy it is to use these plugins because this can affect your productivity in a big way. You don’t want any unnecessary complications which will get in the way of gaining new customers.
The choice of an eCommerce platform is very crucial to your online store’s success. Think from all angles before choosing one.
It is very important that you understand what your store needs. If you already have a vision for your online store, then take the time to research which platform will be best for you.
With any one of these eCommerce platforms, you can turn your website into a fully functional online store in no time.
They all provide access to hundreds of free and paid products which you can use to give your site an amazing look and feel without having to spend extra money or special skills.
Their prices range from free to very affordable, so they are great choices for anyone who wants to create an online store without spending a lot of money on the features included in their solution.
As you can see, there are many different eCommerce platforms that you can use to transform your website into an online store in just a few minutes. Now it’s time to choose the solution that’s best for your needs and goals.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.